The aim of this symposium is to explore emerging technologies and applications in gesture controlled multimedia systems, expressive gesture analysis, modelling and synthesis; to increase awareness and exchange views and experiences in the use of gesture interface and interactive multimedia technologies, with particular interests in performing arts. Topic of interests include but not limited to gesture sensing, tracking, analysis of expressive gesture, modelling, synthesis of expressive gesture, animation, mapping strategies and many others, with special focus on distributed and collaborative performance and e-learning.
The symposium is designed to have an informal atmosphere to promote discussion and also offer opportunity to provide demo and performances on the 2nd day (10 May 2006. 4pm-7:40pm).
Programme: 9 May 2006, 09:30 to 17:30
Paper Session in the Auditorium at “The Venue”, Leeds College of Music, 3 Quarry Hill, Leeds LS2 7PD, UK
- 09:30-10:00: registration
- 10:00-10:30: Welcome and Introduction to ConGAS, K. Ng & D. Arfib
- 10:30-11:00: Exploring Music-Related Gestures by Sound-Tracing: A Preliminary Study, R.I. Godøy, E. Haga & A.R. Jensenius
- 11:00-11:30: coffee break
- 11:30-12:00: Using 3D Visualisations of Motion Data for Collaborative Multimedia Music Learning and Playing, A. Khan, S.B. Ong, K.C. Ng, P. Bellini, P. Nesi & N. Mitolo
- 12:00-12:30: Sound Synthesis by Simulation of Percussive Gesture of a Virtual Animated Agent, S. Gibet & A. Bouenard
- 12:30-14:00: lunch break
- 14:00-14:30: Interactive Live Composition using Advanced Real-Time Digital Transformation Techniques, R. Marsh & M. Paradis
- 14:30-15:00: Live Interactive Performances in Multimedia, H. Thordarson
- 15:00-15:30: What Sounds Can I do with a Joystick and a Tablet? D. Arfib, J.M. Couturier, J.J. Filatriau & L. Kessous
- 15:30-16:00: coffee break
- 16:00-16:30: Musical Expression with the D2MMG Interface, K. Jensen & L. Graugaard
- 16:30-17:00: Analyzing Bowstrokes: Why We Need Calibrated, Multi-Parameter Data? D. Young & S. Serafin
- 17:00-17:30: Towards a Research Roadmap for Sound and Music Computing, N. Bernardini & D. Cirotteau
Programme: 10 May 2006, 16:00 to 19:40
Demo Session at West Yorkshire Playhouse, Playhouse Square, Quarry Hill, Leeds LS2 7UP, UK
in collaboration with FUSE Leeds 2006
- New Digital Music Instruments using Tablets and Joysticks, D. Arfib
- Augmented Piano, H. Thordarson
- Music via Motion, K. Ng
- Immersive Media Spaces Ltd , M. Hildred
Paper/demo/installation/performance submissions must be received by 18 April 2006. Paper submissions are in the form of short (4 pages in length) or long paper (up to 8 pages). Demo, installation and performance proposals: 2 to 4 pages description.
General Chair: Dr Kia Ng, ICSRiM, University of Leeds, School of Computing and School of Music, Leeds LS2 9JT, UK.
Research co-Chairs: Prof Marcelo M. Wanderley, McGill University, Canada and Prof Paolo Nesi, DSI – University of Florence, Italy
Adminstration: Bee Ong, ICSRiM, University of Leeds, Leeds LS2 9JT, UK.